We are pleased to announce the 1st Workshop on BLOckchain for Renewables INtegration (BLORIN 2022) which will take place on September 2-3, 2022 in hybrid form (online and in-person at Hotel La Torre in Mondello, Palermo, Italy). For more information, the preliminary CFP is available at: https://www.blorin.energy/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/CFP_BLORIN_v3.pdf.
BLORIN 2022 aims to compare the results of various projects in relevant scientific areas and collect scientific contributions presenting design methodologies, techniques, and experimental results dealing with energy blockchain, renewables, vehicle-to-grid, demand response with a particular focus on their application in small geographical islands. The conference will present also the results of the project BLORIN, financed with cohesion funds under Action 1.1.5 POFESR 2014-2020 from the Sicilian region.
The list of topics of the workshop includes but is not limited to:
• Demand Response and Demand Side Management
• Blockchain for Energy
• ICT applications for Smart Grids, Smart Cities and Smart Islands
• Microgrids Management and Control
• Energy Security
• Telecommunication systems for Smart Grids
• Energy Efficiency in isolated microgrids and small islands
• Renewable Energy Scenarios for Smart Islands
• Vehicle-to-Grid and e-mobility
• Renewable Energy Traceability with the Blockchain
• Decarbonization of small islands not connected to the main grid
• Flexibility aggregation of distributed flexible resources
• Smart Contracts for Smart Grids
BLORIN 2022 will also host a round table for designing the next steps for a reliable and secure energy transition of small islands and power systems considering the new opportunities offered by blockchain and other modern ICT following the smart grids paradigm with a focus on the regional ecosystem.
Looking forward to seeing you in Palermo!
Authors of accepted abstracts will also prepare a full-paper version of their contribution for possible publication in the BLORIN 2022 Conference Proceedings, indexed by IEEEXPLORE and Scopus.
Link to the conference proceedings in IEEEXPLORE Link to IEEEXPLORE
Link to the conference proceedings in Scopus Link to Scopus
Dates and Deadlines
• Preliminary 3 pages abstract
submission in IEEE format:
May 31, 2022
• Notification of acceptance:
June 20, 2022
• Final paper submission:
July 31, 2022
2-3 September 2022
Venue: Hotel La Torre, Palermo, Italy